ABOUT office of regional ARCHITECTure
Office of Regional Architecture is an accredited architectural practice offering a full range of architectural and planning services to our clients in regional Western Australia.
The practice, based in the heart of the Wheatbelt at Brookton has completed a variety of building and planning projects across the Wheatbelt, Great Southern and South West regions over the past decade
Our specialisations include:
- Retail, Cafés, Galleries & Offices
- Planning Applications & Negotiation
- Landscape Architecture Projects
- Community & Not for Profit Projects
- Heritage Projects
Office of Regional Architecture has a contemporary approach to design. We undertake a holistic exploration of all the relevant issues to arrive at appropriate design solutions which are functional, sustainable and beautiful.
We do this by leading family, small business and community Clients through a detailed and thorough planning, design and construction process in order to create an architectural solution, which not only meets their budget and suits their functional needs, but also improves the quality of their daily life and brings delight to all its inhabitants through their use of the building, garden or urban space.
We specialise in providing appropriate solutions to complex design problems and for difficult sites, and are experienced at negotiating intractable planning and building compliance issues with the regulatory authorities to mutually satisfactory resolution.
Rosalie Pech Eva – Director & Principal Architect
Grew up in the Great Southern region on a farming property near Gnowangerup – Educated at St Mary’s Anglican Girls School in Karrinyup.
As an undergraduate studied Arts & Law, which has given her a useful understanding of property and contract issues.
Graduated from the University of Western Australia with Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), with 1st Class Honours in 1991.
After several years of experience in Metropolitan firms and in Local Government, gaining architectural and statutory planning experience, became Registered as a Practising Architect #2150 by the Architects Board of Western Australia.
Created the practice Rosalie Pech Eva Architect in 2010 in order to share the benefits of high quality architectural design with regional clientele.
Lives on a farming property outside of Brookton, Western Australia with husband Gary Eva and son Henry, enjoying all the benefits of a rural life.
Rosalie is passionate about all aspects of Architecture, Art and Design, focusing on contemporary projects suited to the current needs of regional people and local communities, incorporating considered design and reflecting the joy and uniqueness of living in regional Western Australia.
Natalia hall – practice manager
Natalia grew up in rural WA.
Soon after finishing her education she moved to Brookton, where she later married a local farmer. Natalia and Ian have two boys together, and they all love the rural life and all it has to offer.
Natalia started working at Office of Regional Architecture in May 2017. She enjoys watching the transformation of buildings as they become revitalised through Rosalie’s work, whilst keeping their original heritage alive.
Natalia enjoys immersing herself in nature and spending quality time with family and friends.
alexandra mCkenzie – project architect
Alex is a new member of our staff as well as a newly registered Architect.
She graduated from Curtin University with a Master’s of Architecture in 2010. She has gained a wealth of experience from working in various Architecture firms in both Melbourne and Perth during and after her studies. Alex received a graduation award travel scholarship which she used to travel around Europe researching and learning about architecture.
Alex now resides in Northam where she is currently undergoing her own design and build project with her partner.
SERVICES & SOLUTIONS
To get the best results for our Clients, we have developed a straight-forward, easily navigated process:
- On contacting us, we interview you, either over the phone or via our online Project Enquiry Form, to obtain sufficient information about you and your project in order to assess how we can find solutions to the particular issues you face. If we cannot assist you with your particular project, we undertake to refer you to alternative service providers who may specialise in your area of need.
- If we assess that we are able to make a valuable contribution to the success of your project, we develop a Scope of Services outlining all the tasks that are involved to arrive at an appropriate solution for it, together with a Fee Proposal setting out your financial investment in that solution and the terms and conditions by which we undertake our work.
- You then consider our no-obligation proposal, and if satisfied that we are able to assist you, we sign a Client-Architect Agreement setting out everything that is involved for both parties.
- We undertake the work involved as set out in the Scope of Services, with your approval obtained at every stage of the process.
- The stages involved are as follows:
- Feasibility Study
- Concept Design
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Contractor Selection
- Contractor Administration
- Post Construction Services
- Additional services may be provided if necessary by arrangement
- We co-ordinate any specialist consultants required (structural, mechanical or hydraulic design, Building Code of Australia compliance, land & quantity surveying) and deal with any local Shire authority requirements including Planning Applications and Building Permit documentation.
- We obtain competitive tenders for the building work from qualified Builders and administer the Building Contract during the construction period and beyond.
- This process works well because it is detailed, comprehensive and thorough, all due diligence investigation is done and no regulatory or compliance issues are overlooked. We provide you with checklists and regular updates to show you how your project is progressing, and you will always know what is coming next, the timeline and the costs involved. Furthermore, we work to an agreed budget for cost of the building work at every stage, so certainty is assured.